Thursday, September 18, 2008

58 Gal Tank - New Plumbing Plan

I like the way hardware is arranged today, but I want to remove UV sterilizer from the tank and make water changes easier. I do not think installing UV inline with the filter is a good idea - I am afraid it will create woo much head and result in a low flow. My thinking is to have two parallel closed loops - one of just the filter, another with a pump driving CO2 reactor, UV sterilizer and heater. Increased water flow is a nice side effect.
I plan to increase diameter of the inlet and outlet pipes and tubes to 16/22mm.
These will be connected to manifolds joining the two loops. The inlet manifold details are on the left and outlet manifold details are on the right. I hope that a single hose connected to the inlet manifold will be sufficient to both drain and fill the tank. All parts are ordered. Waiting to put the plan in action!

No comments: